Pages

04 May 2013

This Is New

Helloooooo my lovely friends.  It's been a long time. 
 
Since I left this blog five months ago, I've been aimlessly wandering from one project to another.  I thought I needed more purpose so I volunteered to be reaquainted with an old friend - live theatre - and answered an ad for a production of Hairspray.  They were looking for a seamstress and I said why not?
 
This is why not.

 
Yes, that's a giant man-dress.
 
While I fancied myself sewing some flashy 60s numbers made of tulle and whatnot, I was asked to help create a wardrobe for the man-dressed-as-a-woman, made famous by John Travolta in the movie version of Hairspray.


Eek!

10 comments:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Wow! That should be an interesting challenge... maybe there is a wider market for men's dresses in your corner of the world LOL

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

We have missed you Cynthia! Welcome back to this space, I can totally see you wardrobe! Would love to see the full costume!

shelleydf73 said...

I've missed your posts so much! I hope to see more again!
Shelley in Louisiana

Erin said...

Sounds like a terrific project, Cyn! Can't wait to see photos!

Zoe said...

Oh wow, sewing those costumes would be interesting! I recently did a few of the costumes for my school's production, Return to the Forbidden Planet and it was fun to sew futuristic things!

Dede said...

So thrilled to see you back! Can't wait to see what you create!
(((HUGS)))

Niki said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's fabulous. Good luck! Post progress pictures!!!

Becky said...

hey so good to see you again...i actually thought of you last week...as i was hanging out the laundry to dry, it was a bit breezy :P..you just flicked through my thoughts...hope all is well....hugs

Dede said...

Do do share with us how it has been going. Looking forward to seeing your creations!
(((HUGS)))
My grand baby is tickled with her new little dresses. Thank you!

Vivianchou Chou said...

I love purple! It is a beautiful color! Love purple bridesmaid dresses!