Pages

05 November 2012

Homemade Pumpkin Puree


The day after Halloween my grocery store was giving away all its pumpkins for free. 
Can you say puree?!  (Get it puree/hurray?  Geez, I think I'm a comedian!)

Take one innocent pumpkin


Quarter it and remove all the stringy innards.  Bake about 45 minutes at 375 degrees.


Dust off your food processor (or for me, unseal the new-in-box one that I mail ordered seven months ago).  Scoop the flesh out of the skin.


Whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I added 2 tablespoons of water to the puree to make it whirrrrrrrrrrr more efficiently.

For years, I didn't know that is all that is in a can of pumpkin.  Seriously.  I'd been paying $3.50 a can.  Duh.

After you tire of pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bread and pumpkin muffins click here for Endless Simmer's 100 pumpkin recipes.

1 comments:

Jen@thecraftingfiend said...

wow - lucky you! i get as many pumpkins as i can in the fall and puree and freeze. these are my favourite cookies btw - husband and kid approved http://pinterest.com/pin/143200463122873703/