Pages

17 October 2012

Saggy Baggy Elephant Jumper



Back around the time I made this coat I bought this Saggy Baggy Elephant fabric.  I estimate I've been hoarding it on a shelf for two years now.


Time to let it see the light of day, no?

This jumper is fully lined with red linen and is reversible, but she wouldn't let me switch sides to show you.  The bow is attached with a large safety pin for revers-ibility.



I didn't use a pattern. I made two identical dresses and sewed one inside the other, turning under the sleeve openings and hem.  


The cool thing about sewing is no other child at daycare will have a dress exactly like this.

4 comments:

krishna said...

What a beautiful dress.. I like it because its easy to make and the child will feel comfortable in summer.

very beautiful.

A Half-Baked Notion said...

Cynthia, I must thank you both for sharing this sweet little elephant-laden outfit (brilliant!)... but also for the link to V's wonderful coat almost 3(!) years ago. I just love them both.

I am partial to hidden special finishes like the lining of the coat. I was taught to value the "inside" of garments and use them as an excuse to make the piece extra special. Looks like you have the same outlook!

Jen@thecraftingfiend said...

cute - and i love the fabric!

Rebel Blossom @ Studio 2sixty said...

Oh how I miss having a little girl to make cute dresses for, now that she's a tween she just isn't into cuteness her mom can make :) The jumper is fantastic,V.looks adorable. LOVE! the red ribbon and fabric, the saggy baggy elephant is one of my favourite stories.

Laurie Anne xx